Green Beans Amandine2019-10-16
- Yield: 1
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
A garnish of lightly sweetened toasted almonds is one of the best ways I know to get reluctant kids to eat their green beans. These are excellent with the Chicken Spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 1 ½ pounds green beans, ends snapped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons dry sherry or sherry vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of generously salted water to a rolling boil. Add the green beans and cook until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
Return the saucepan to medium heat. Melt the butter, then add the garlic and sauté until softened, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the brown sugar, sherry, and cider vinegar. Add the green beans and toss until well coated.
Add the almonds, ½ teaspoon salt, and the pepper and toss until well combined. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.
Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.